Tuesday, November 27, 2007

But first a moment from our sponsor

Acts 4:18 (KJV)
And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.

It really is amazing how we are often so concerned about how our words will impact others. It has become the norm to suppress your true emotions and beliefs in order to avoid making someone feel uncomfortable. I suppose as a somewhat timid person this has not been a real issue for me in my life. However, as I grow in my Christian faith and move along on my walk with God, I am beginning to wonder if a brief period of awkwardness or making someone feel uncomfortable is a small price to pay for the reward of knowing the love of the Lord.

I enjoy watching TV. Life is a lot like a TV program, both get their support and beginnings from your sponsors. Quite often a TV program begins with a brief reminder of how it came to be that the producers of your TV program could afford to put together 60 minutes of riveting contests of real life contestants battling each other to win the title of survivor, biggest loser, amazing racers?? and of course a nominal cash prize. But throughout the programs that we enjoy so much, we must pay homage to the sponsors throughout the time slot or break to go to the fridge/bathroom. We are constantly reminded how the program was made possible.

Life is so similar. Our parents in most cases do most of our sponsoring. I know that in my case, not much would have been possible for me, without the support of my sponsors. But for me, it goes much deeper. My life, our country, this world, would be nonexistent without the sponsor of our Lord. I feel that I have reached a point where I must make it known who my sponsor is in this world. I am still working on a way that will grab someone's attention and not have them trotting off to the bathroom as soon as I begin. But I have to imagine that by possibly risking an awkward or uncomfortable moment, I will be enlightening someone about the greatest love that was ever known.

Acts 4:29-31 (KJV)
And now, Lord behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, by stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of the holy child Jesus. And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please TELL ME HOW YOU FEEL.